Monday, November 17, 2014

November 17, 2014

Beloveds,

What a fine week. To be honest I now sort of know why missionaries sometimes miss a few weeks writing home because everything feels the same to me so I don't know what to say, but there are a few highlights to send back!

The best part of the week was probably when our investigator Adam came to church. He is from the north part of China and is more like a Kenny rather than a Silas. He wears hipster boots and sweat pants and colorful coats and grows a thicker beard than any Chinese person I've ever met, so maybe I truly was called to teach him haha. We've been teaching him for a few weeks and he finally came to church. I think he's my favorite investigator.

But I think it made me realize better what missionary work is really about when he came to church. I have taken the Sacrament my whole life and take it for granted, but then to be able to see someone with no Christian background do so for the first time was really special. He's definitely not the first Chinese person we've had at church but we've put a lot into teaching him so for some reason it made all the work I've done in the YSA worth it.

I don't think while I am here in this area any of our investigators will get baptized, but it doesn't matter to me so much anymore. I can see small miracles happening everywhere and I really do see that the Lord's working through us to help people progress. There's just a singular happiness to working all day and finally laying down at night knowing you did the most important thing you could. I need to repent hardcore though, I am getting super tired of street contacting and I don't use enough Chinese at all haha.

There's a Chinese baptism this week in the YSA from one of the other companionships that I'm really excited for. His name is Ted and he is quite a vibrant personality. We are teaching one of his classmates so hopefully his faith gets her going too!

Keep up the good work back home, family. Whatever stage of your life you are in is just as important as the one I'm so blessed to live right now. It's interesting to me how strong my testimony of eternal families and fatherhood and the priesthood has grown as I've been here. I think the Lord is showing me why He's teaching me everything I am learning now. All of you inspire me in your examples of the everyday dedication to the Lord.

I love you all and I know that Christ is the way. Nothing stirs my heart more than learning more about Him. He is simply an example we cannot compare to. Elder Curtis and I have noticed how much more sensitive you become as a missionary. Anytime feeling the Spirit and I can pretty much cry. We were listing things we were grateful for in the spirit of Thanksgiving (partially in rebellion to England not celebrating this essential holiday) and we had to stop because we were getting choked up or something haha.

Mom and Dad, I am excited to read your talks. It sounds like you have your work truly cut out for you and maybe after all this you'll want to settle with a nice home in Tropic, Utah haha.

Matt, I missed it by like two weeks but Happy Birthday on the 5th! Are you 35 now?  Get ready for a bishopric calling, I think this is when they usually come :) There is an Elder in my district from near Fillmore and everytime I'm around him it makes me think of the elk hunting trip there. 

Marc, Happy Birthday this week! Are you turning 31? I hope you do something fun and try a new restaurant or something haha. And tell Kenny happy birthday for me too!


Love,
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment