Monday, February 16, 2015

February 16, 2015 Zipidedooda!

Hellos,

I can't think of titles for my emails anymore. Also, this week I realized my speech patterns have completely changed. This came about when I told Elder Lybbert that he was "right nuts" rather than "totally crazy." Food is not "very good" here, it is "well nice." Pretty bizarre.

We had a fun activity with the mission this week in Manchester. It was an Olympics type thing and I got to see Elder Curtis again. He is still serving in the YSA and seems to be okay. Manchester feels like home to me and I love going there, especially with all the different cultures.

On Saturday Elder Lybbert and I decided to go to a new town to try proselyting there. It is called Bethesda and was about a thirty minute bus ride. If I can compare anything in the UK to Park City it would be Bethesda. All the people we met reminded me of ski town folk or our old neighbors, the Linvilles. But it was really pretty and I wished I had my camera, and they had a trout river! Ogwen trout, I'll have to catch one one day.

Sunday was ward conference and I got to meet the stake president. He is really on board with missionary work. The stake is part of England as well and is in a big growth period. Joseph Smith's last prophesy was actually to Dan Jones that he would take the Gospel unimpeded to his home country of Wales.

I've had a pretty good week overall. I decided that I want to buy an English suit soon, maybe a blue one. Nice ones are not nearly as expensive as the states, which is strange. This transfer with Elder Lybbert has flown by quicker than I could imagine. There is a new missionary coming in next week from Chengdu, China, and President Ulrich hinted that I might be his trainer. That would be crazy fun! Chengdu is the hometown of Panda bears and where Sister Mangelson's Chinese exchange students were from that one summer.

Anyway, I don't have too much to say. Love you all a lot and I'm definitely out here to grow. We're still not really teaching anyone, for the first time in my mission, but I suppose I'm here to learn patience. Oh yeah, I almost forgot. We had a classic missionary story yesterday.

So we knocked on this door and a man started talking to us. He pulled out the typical Atheist complaints against our beliefs and started to get sort of angry. I usually don't like to waste my time with this, so I was preparing a goodbye statement for him, but Elder Lybbert had a different idea. He pointed straight at him and just bore his testimony in full sway. I knew Elder Lybbert had a really strong testimony, but I'll never look at him the same. He was nearly crying on the doorstep and I thought he might explode spiritually. The man basically could say nothing relevant after that; it was pretty powerful. You can only get experiences like this on a mission!

Love you all,
Elder Webb


No comments:

Post a Comment