Monday, February 23, 2015

February 23, 2015 Crazy News!



Pals around the block,

Well, another curveball for transfers! I am going back to Lancaster on Wednesday! I will take Elder DiPeri's place as District Leader as he is going home and my companion will be a Chinese speaking missionary named Elder Harris. While I was gone, Ming got baptized and they started teaching the Gao family weekly and they even came to church. So good things are happening there. Elder Lybbert is staying in Gaerwen to train a new missionary.

It will be fun to go back and I think I have some unfinished business there. The path of my mission is so crazy, I have still never served with the same companion for two whole transfers. I really have come to believe that the Lord has a plan for every trial and experience we have. I took the greatest dive of faith and hope in my entire life this transfer and had to hold onto bare threads for most of it, but I have come back with a stronger testimony of the Savior and His light than I have ever had. To quote a wonderful talk given this Sunday by an older member from Holyhead about the locusts and seagulls, "That is our job as Saints, to eat up our enemies." Hahahahahaha

Oh yeah and we'll be in a different flat than last time, one close to the University:

Elder James Webb
107 Court View House
Aalborg Place
Lancaster, LANCS
LA1 1AU
England, United Kingdom

I never thought I'd say it, but I actually missed England a lot so it will be good to go back. Also, my mission president asked me to get my driver's license so I'll be working on that. The procedure is a lot harder than in the states and holding one will actually lower my insurance rate! Hahaha but I may be driving in a few months.

Other fun news, I found out I am lactose intolerant. Ever since two Christmas's ago I have had these strange burp noises that anyone who knows me is familiar with. In Elder Lybbert and my diet we cut out milk and they completely went away. So I won't be much of a dairy man anymore unfortunately.

This week was pretty normal. We went proselyting in a town on the Isle of Anglesey with the most ridiculous Welsh name I have ever heard, let alone any language. It is called Llanfairpwllgwyngyllgogerychwyrndrobwllllantysiligogogoch. Look it up if you don't believe me. It translates to "The church of St. Mary in the Hollow of the White Hazel Trees near the Rapid Whirlpool near St. Tysilio of the Red Cave." This place is like a dream world.

That's about it. I have a feeling that Gaerwen may be my last area come two years, not sure why. I've met a few people that have been fun to get to know and learned a lot of personal lessons. The attached picture is a meal some Chinese recent converts made for Elder Lybbert and I. It was sooooooooooooo goooooooooooooooood! Jason and Hong on the right are members.

Mom, I don't jog in the mornings anymore. Elder DiPeri just wanted me to be more disciplined and get used to the cold when we did.

Dad, Brother Kelson told me the ward never sees you anymore. I hope you still get hometaught!

Love,
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment