Monday, October 6, 2014

October 6, 2014

Family,

Wow. I love you all so much. I love being a missionary! I am never coming home (well, one day)! This is the best work that ever existed. It is so hard but all I want to do is do better because of the doctrine of Christ. If you didn't watch conference I can summarize it for you with the apostolic plea and warning to come unto Christ. Truly He is the way and I think I am finally starting to understand that a little bit. There is nowhere our path can go that He cannot safely guide us back each step of the way. No burden is too heavy for Him to lift. I love Him with all of my heart and that is why I am a happy missionary. I no longer care about what is ahead or what is behind, only what is within me and that is a burning testimony of Him and His patience to all people.

General Conference was so great. It is weird here in England. We watched the first session on Saturday at like 1 pm and then the other four were on Sunday at like 10 am, 1 pm, 5 pm, and 9 pm. We will watch the 9 pm one later in the week. And guess what! Amanda came to every session except Priesthood! I seriously don't know why she isn't baptized yet. She is the Brazilian girl we teach. The ward never put up the Chinese translation so we didn't really have any Chinese investigators come. 

And here are miracles. Between sessions on Sunday we went out to talk to people on the streets. I wasn't really feeling it but we did anyway and we saw all these good things. We met a man who spoke Portuguese from Angola and a family from Portugal was at the YSA building for conference so they took him under their wing. And we met a girl from Taiwan who had met missionaries and it seemed like the Lord has been knocking at her door for a while. And then we took two students from China on a tour of the building and said a prayer with them in the baptismal font. All in two hours, and that is basically what comprises my life! Those types of experiences are common here. It's so amazing! AHHHHHHH!

Elder Curtis is doing well. He might be one of the few from my mission I will stay friends with afterward. It's funny and I'm sympathetic to see him get used to what England and missionary life is like. He also has a beagle and we figured out we even have the same type of compound bow for archery. But our personalities are pretty different as well. He reminds me of Ian Webb sort of. I don't know what happened in the few months I have been here longer than him but I don't even remember a lot of stuff about America until he brings it up. 

Mom and Dad, I am excited to hear about your mission call. All the missionaries were crazy about my Halloween candy and one of the YSA saw the package secretly and came up to me later and was like "James, can you open the door for me?" He was laughing so hard at my confusion when he used my first name haha. Oh yeah and could you ever mail me some pretty landscape pictures of the different parts of Utah? I miss how pretty it is there. Tell Uncle Greg that he is right that the USA really is a choice land even though I am beginning to love England.

Oh yeah and just so you all know we don't just eat garbage all the time I included a picture of our weekly fajita sautee.

Love you all, happy happy, 

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment