Monday, December 1, 2014

December 1, 2014 Lancaster!

Dearests!

I'm moving to Lancaster!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

This is the area at the beginning of my mission I wanted to serve in most. It's probably the prettiest part of the mission except maybe Wales. It's in the Peaks District or something so get ready for some scenic pictures homes. I'm becoming so European here. So I'm leaving Elder Curtis in the YSA on Wednesday and we'll travel as far north as I'll probably go as a Chinese speaking missionary. I think I am the first Chinese speaking elder to go there, but Sister Sun served there for like half of her mission! I am excited!

Elder Curtis and I became great friends so I will miss him and a few members of the ward, but I was a little ready these last few weeks. I will miss Oxford Road and all the crazy people I have met here. Lancaster is much quieter and smaller with a university with a few Chinese students. And my next companion is Elder DiPeri! He has been an assistant to the president for the last like six months and only has a bit left of his mission. He is going to work me like a bull I think so that will be good and crazy. He is from Arizona and is a convert to the church of only about a year before his mission so I am really excited to serve with him. My second former assistant that I'm ending their mission!

The only other really exciting thing of the week is that Amanda asked if I would baptize her if she does get baptized. So that was exciting and I hope she does before she leaves England back to Brazil. And I went on exchanges this week to Elder Jin's flat. For morning exercise he made some wooden ninja swords and practices with them. I so hope I serve with him.

Today we visited the Christmas markets in Manchester and ate some hot dogs. It reminded me so much of going to Germany way back when. England is a little different than mainland Europe I think though. I got to go down to Crewe with our Zone Leaders this week in the south bit of the mission and it is such an old English town. It was sweet. It's weird that none of you know anything about these places that I hear all day. 

The senior couple in the YSA took all of us out for lunch at a place called Dogs and Doughs. It's like a hot dog place that is supposed to be American. It made me miss the good food we have back home. Be grateful!

Also, I literally can't believe it's ski season already. I feel like it's still summer back in Utah. It doesn't help that England has no snow. The house isn't for sale for the winter! Now you can all take a break. I'm glad all that work I did really payed off :) Haha just kidding but could you ask for the bed cover back from Kevin? I'd like to personally burn it.

But anyway I'm excited to tell you about my next area when I get there! 

Love you all,
Elder James Lynn Herbert-Webb

Scott, that pizza looks wretched and that watch is so nice. I have one with black leather that I wear every other day.

Laura, there was a little bakery called Food for Thought that we bought a donut from this week :)

Marc and Chel, I'm glad Janbo and hottubbing didn't die with me. Marcus your ankle looks so painful. Get me some of that hot sauce if Mom sends me more packages! They don't have ramen in the UK so our junk food is usually just cardboardy cereal. My fellow missionaries from New Zealand and Australia know about this turducken business!

Dad, I got to visit a dental office in England! Elder Curtis had a problem with his permanent retainer so I am glad you wouldn't let me get one. But they had the exact same wooden toys that go along the metal rails like your office! I guess it's universal. I haven't driven here yet, I honestly will be terrified if I do. They have pretty crazy traffic rules.


Mom, that picture of Sister Gish is where we email from in the YSA! It's where I am right now :)

No comments:

Post a Comment