Monday, March 16, 2015

March 16, 2015 Cha Ching

Well folks,

It's been a good week! If you asked me what happened, I couldn't tell you too much but I know it's been good! I conducted my first district meeting and we've been visiting a few members to encourage them to do more missionary work. There are a few YSA in Lancaster ward who are thinking about serving missions and it's fun to see them all growing and encourage them.

Elder Harris and I visited Mr. Gao again this week and did more assessing on his interest level. We're thinking of bringing some Chinese recent converts over to tell their conversion stories. Hopefully that will help. It's easy to get Chinese people to feel the Spirit I think, but they don't always understand our purpose as missionaries. At least with English people they know we just want to baptize them haha!

We had a really great miracle yesterday as well. Last week we tried by this referral and found a less active lady and then called back yesterday. Her partner isn't a member and they said they would meet with us so we were both doing heel clicks yesterday. He is Atheist like the rest of Britain and so we'll need some miracles but I think Elder Harris and I were sent to them. Good feeling.

Can't think of too much else. I think my time in Lancaster will be a big turning point for my whole mission and I'm slowly engraining the characteristics I need to into my nature. It really is such a great opportunity to be here and completely dedicate myself to the Lord even though it can be tough at times. I think I've had to grow up a lot faster than I expected coming out on a mission and I really know that the Lord will walk with us each step of the way. Nothing makes me happier in my life right now than seeing people who need the Gospel start coming unto Christ and feeling the Spirit as we teach. It alleviates the burdens and melts away the slow times.

Love you all,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment