Monday, March 9, 2015

March 9, 2015 I'm Running out of Titles

Folks in the USA (and some other places),

I never was a patriot before my mission, but boy oh boy how I've come to love America. This week we went to Manchester for some meetings and I got to eat at an authentic Mexican restaurant! It's called Poncho's and I felt a little at home there; they just don't do burritos right here. So I'll tell you the truth, as the lady was making my burrito behind the counter I literally almost got choked up. Wow. I love non-English burritos.

But anyway, we went to Manchester for a meeting with all the Chinese missionaries on Thursday and stayed the night at my old flat in the YSA ward! It was a weird feeling being there again and I've grown quite a bit since I served there. I really hope I don't go back to be honest, but what do you do? Then on Friday there was a big leadership meeting where we learned we are actually getting iPads now! Sometime in May I think.

As far as teaching people, this week was alright. We went by the Gao family that I found when I was here last, not sure if they're just polite or interested. And then we're going to start teaching an old investigator I taught with Elder DiPeri again, so that will be exciting. Springtime is coming and we don't have to work in suits anymore, so I'm excited to see what the transfer brings.

Oh yeah, and the best thing! There is an American family in our ward from California! I forgot how cute little American kids were and they had us over for tacos this week, something else the UK is mostly missing. 

This week went really fast and I think it's just faster from here. Spiritually I really reflected on the priesthood and how important service is this week. There really is no substance to life without serving other children of God and helping them on their path home. I truly know we are placed in the circumstances we need to be and that amazing things happen if we are diligent, but usually it's very gradual. 

Everything that my mission means to me is centered on Christ now. I've realized that the greatest thing I've learned in these first months is not how to succeed, but how to fail. It's something I've really never experienced in life, but I had to in order to feel the Master's touch, to see how penetrating and overwhelming His love truly is and the hope that it brings to mankind. I have been lifted up in Him and He is the only way I will ever finish this course. 

Love you all,

Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment