Monday, March 23, 2015

March 23, 2015 Weekly Report



Top of the Afternoon,

Unfortunately we didn't do anything to celebrate St. Patrick's Day here, but it wasn't a bad week. On Tuesday I conducted my second district meeting and then went on exchange with a missionary in my district. His name is Elder Van Bakel and he is from Holland! He made dubstep before his mission and loves free running. Anyway, we went to his area, a branch called Barrow, and had some fun. 

Then Wednesday we got to teach Louise again. She was in need of a big miracle with some family problems and we all fasted the next day with her. A recent convert in the Lancaster ward named Paul took us out for burritos to break our fast so that was good. Luckily we fasted on a planning day so we didn't have much hungry proselyting :) I think Louise will get baptized if we can keep at it with her.

Friday was funny. Elder Harris was completely sick of tracting and said it was never effective and he didn't want to do it anymore. So I told him we would pray really hard for a miracle and tract all day long and if nothing happened we never had to do it again. He prefers to speak with people on the streets, which I sort of do as well but you have to tract in the winter. So we knocked many doors that day. To be honest, not much happened anyway but he was fine with tracting after that so maybe that was the miracle.

On Saturday we ate some really good kebabs that are cooked in the town centre with all this live music. That was kind of fun, but I don't really remember the rest of the day. Sunday was a normal day at church. I realized I've only had investigators at church once since I served in the YSA ward so I've got to get cracking! It can be slow going sometimes, but I'm pretty used to it.

So that's a week! Pretty typical. Hope you are doing well.

Love,
Elder Webb

1 comment: