Monday, September 22, 2014

September 22, 2014

Family (and close friends),

This email may be a little short as I'm sacrificing time to send pictures this week, but I don't have a whole lot to talk about. The time in this area is really flying now and it feels like I was writing you two days ago. 

This week was fun with a lot of students coming in. There are members that came in for university from all over and lots of RMs that can help us fellowship and whatnot. The members sometimes go street contacting with us which is kind of fun. 

I finally had an investigator make Chinese food for us this week. Actually he's a member called Ethan from Hunan. He made pork and peppers and garlic green been beef with a mushroom soup and salmon salad. It was all amazing. 

Fun part of the week, probably playing basketball. We went to the court and there were all these Mongolians there. I thought they were from Hong Kong at first because I couldn't understand their language but then we figured out that they know our Mongolian investigators. They were actually pretty good at basketball, luckily one of the other missionaries played in high school.

Man, student lifestyle is crazy. There are all these flyers for parties and I'm just happy to say I didn't apply to anywhere except BYU and the U. It really isn't a scene I could live in as a student. But it's kind of fun and scary to be a missionary amidst it all. I think everyone who goes to England has to come home with a very strong testimony. It's hard to explain but to reach people's hearts here you have to be so bold and put up with a lot of rubbish from people. I haven't had the craziest things, but you know those mission stories everyone loves of someone yelling at missionaries or rebuking them or whatever? I think if you are a good missionary here it will happen at least once a week, at least in the big cities. Joseph Smith and Enoch are good examples for us all haha

As far as investigators, we have a kid from China named Tom who is dated for baptism! Woohoo! He had to go back home after being taught a month or so ago but he is back and he understood the Plan of Salvation really well. Hopefully it all works out, it's hard for him to get to church though.


That's a wrap folks and I hope you enjoy the pictures. What other questions do you have?

Mom, I don't really tailor these emails with stuff I don't want other people to know because I don't have anything that I want to share with the family and not everyone else. The package was the best thing ever! I loved the pictures and the photobook and the journals are all perfect! I was an excited boy that day. Thank the Mayletts for me and thanks so much. My companion better enjoy that beef jerkey. It's so funny looking at all the pictures of my life before now, it's like a totally different world.

Phil and Matt, so we have a Brazilian investigator named Amanda that I think will be baptized. And there is a man named Mario from Brazil who helps us fellowship and teach. These people are so amazing! There is something special about their testimonies that I love so much. I imagine you saw this so much more deeply on your missions but I have loved the taste of it.

Dad, we ride buses sometimes but no subways or trains. I have been to maybe four conferences with loads of missionaries, it's fun to see where they are all from. The Chinese missionaries are supposed to come tomorrow or next week, so we'll see what I do.That sounds crazy fourwheeling. Just enjoy those mountains while you have them! You and Mom are getting a taste of waiting for a mission call haha it's long waiting. The Preston Temple has the new film so I got to see it. I think they only do English here though. 

Love you all,
Elder Webb

No comments:

Post a Comment