Monday, September 8, 2014

September 8, 2014

Heya,

So this was a good week. Sorry this email will be really short but my email time was encompassed by deep thought and pensiveness and imagined burritos so I hope to be able to write more later in the day. Probably the best part of the week was teaching a girl named Amanda from Salvador, Brazil. She is so sweet and we got a Brazilian family in a nearby ward to come help teach her. We have a casual date for baptism for her so I hope that goes through. Then there is Vicky from Beijing who looked like she had seen a ghost when I started speaking Chinese to her. I was told this week that I hardly have an accent and someone told me I have the best Chinese of any foreigner they have met, so I'm feeling a little pompous at the moment. Haha too bad I can't say most words of the language, even if I can speak it well. But Vicky said we were her angels this morning when we helped her move flats haha so hopefully we can teach her more. The further I get into my mission the more I think about the people I am helping and care about little else. But it's not easy and there are so many distractions. Many missionaries are unhappy and I think it's because they don't understand what they are teaching. Elder Sidhu made curry for a family this week that was tasty and we are together another transfer which will be good. But the new Chinese speaking elders come in mid transfer and the assistants told me I am likely to start training them. Wish me luck :) Sorry I haven't responded to personal emails, I really am distracted right now because of A CERTAIN SOMEONE'S mission call that I am trying to wrap my head around. That was an inside message, sorry to everybody else.

But anyway I am hoping to step up my game as a missionary and really try to understand this work. It is all a learning curve and I have realized a simple thing about myself that makes all the difference. The God I know has never failed me and we can put all trust in Him. He will always be there to deliver in the hardest moments and for that I am ever grateful. Matchless is His love and His Gospel is asking to be dedicated to. Please look for ways to uplift those around you and know there is a story to every scar and a tear to every wearied face.


I love you all,

No comments:

Post a Comment